Dover Baby Photographer | 9 month old baby girl studio session
Baby teeth! I love it when babies come into the studio showing off a new toothy grin! Right along with that comes teething pains and woes of course. I like to make the best of it! Baby chowing down on their fingers? I’m going to take a photo of that because trust me, someday you will miss it and will love looking back on that memory.
Is your baby fussy during this process? Here are some tips to help our session still go smoothly:
- Bring along a chilled teething ring or favorite toy to gnaw on (make sure the toy is okay to possibly make it into a photo or 2)
- Are you okay with using over the counter remedies? Check with your doctor first before use. Sometimes in extreme cases it can help to give a small dose prior to our session.
- Baby Orajel Naturals is another good safe option. It’s free of benzocaine, alcohol and dyes. (not to be confused with the regular version of Baby Orajel)
- A widely available alternative to teething products containing benzocaine is Camilia. Camilia contains homeopathic preparations of German chamomile (for relief of teething pain and irritability), Poke (to soothe painful gums) and Chinese rhubarb (for help with minor digestive disorders sometimes associated with teething).
- A wooden toy teether is a great option to bring along to your session and they still look cute and natural if baby won’t let go of it during her photo shoot.
- Hyland’s Teething Gel is another topical choice to help if toys and distractions aren’t working.
- Snacks! Cheerios, baby Puffs and similar foods are a great distraction and yummy treat for baby to chew on while I take their photos.
Armed with those tools hopefully this will help make our first year sessions fun and enjoyable! Now enjoy some of this adorable baby girl’s 9 month studio session from July! I get to see miss Hailey again today for her 1 year session!! Can’t believe it!!
© Brandi Williamson Photography | Dover Baby Photographer | baby + child photographer serving Dover (44622) New Philadelphia (44663) OH and surrounding areas in Tuscarawas County, Stark County and Northeast Ohio | Want to schedule your own session? Use the contact tab above to reserve your appointment. I can’t wait to hear from you!